Customs Broker License Preparation Exam Classes
Customs Broker License Exam Course
April 2018 Registration is Open.
Each class is a part of preparation series for Customs Broker License Examination (CBE). Presentations focus on topics that arise during the exam. Tentative topics are listed in the syllabus below. There are no required prerequisites, other than registration, for joining the class. But! To sit on the exam, one must be U.S. citizen, 18 years old or older, and not U.S. government employee. Course is not designed to cover every aspect of CBE, because most of the topics are covered in the Textbook, which incorporates years of lectures in an on-demand online streaming form. Instead, course will focus on topics that require updated discussion due to changes in law or CBE administrative practices. Each class is designed to expand upon topics addressed in Preparation Guide Textbook. Classes are designed to be administered flexibly, with deviations for specific questions that arise during the presentation. Throughout the class time, we will also take detours to address issues outside the syllabus, such as classification, valuation, and other ad hoc questions relevant to the Customs Broker Exam.
Classes will be live streamed through internet from the office location at 157-11 Rockaway Blvd., Suite 209, Jamaica, NY 11434. Registrants may physically sit at the office, but space is limited and subject to availability. Class recording will be posted online and available for playback. Registrants will receive access to all previous recordings and materials.
Registration is available through LawCustoms Store. If you register late, you will be provided with history of recorded lectures. Before you register, you may request one time attendance free of charge. Please email your request to email@example.com with “CBE Registration Request” in the subject line. Registration fee includes (subject to limited promotional exceptions) Textbook (both volumes), Exercise Book, and Exam History Compilations (both volumes).
- Tuesday | December 12, 2017 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST | Class Link
- Tuesday | January 9, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST | Class Link
- Tuesday | January 16, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST | Class Link
- Tuesday | January 23, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | February 6, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | February 13, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | February 20, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | March 6, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | March 13, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | March 20, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | April 3, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | April 10, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday | April 17, 2018 | 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST
Syllabus is tentative and subject to change depending on participation and expressed interest in other topics. Below listed topics that have been covered during prior classes will be shaded in grey. Non-shaded topics will be addressed in coming classes, with most recent being at the top of the list. Some topics will require more than one class time, in which case they will not be shaded until fully discussed.
- Introduction to Customs Broker License Examination
- Antidumping/countervailing duties (Enforce and Protect Act)
- Customs Bonds
- Liquidation of Duties
- Classification of Merchandise
Copyright Notice. Creative Commons License terms do not apply to this page. Materials may not be reproduced or copied without written permission.